The CPC + CPB certification combines the CPC (Certified Professional Coder) certification with the CPB (Certified Professional Biller). This 24-week dual certification makes you an expert in both medical billing and coding. Medical billing and coding certifications qualify students as healthcare business professionals and open doors to a variety of career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Both medical coding and billing play integral roles in the healthcare revenue cycle. Medical coders identify billable information in the clinical documentation and translate that information into standardized codes. Medical billers use those codes to bill patients and create medical claims to submit to insurance companies.
Dual certification as a CPC and CPB validates expertise in pro-fee coding, as well as proper claim form preparation, submission and payment processes, regulatory compliance, and insurance requirements.
Coach Rachel McKenty starts the LIVE course via Zoom with 12 weeks of billing instruction. Coach Rachel goes over key concepts and billing scenarios providing personalized, hands-on, in-depth guidance through the course material.
CPBs have demonstrated:
- An understanding of various types of insurance plans
- Expertise in applying payer policy, Local Coverage Determinations (LCDs), and National Coverage Determinations (NCDs) for successful claim submissions
- Knowledge of CPT®, ICD-10-CM, and HCPCS Level II coding guidelines
- Successful navigation of healthcare industry rules and regulations, including HIPAA, False Claims Act, Fair Debt Collections Act, and Stark Law.
- An understanding of the life cycle of a medical billing claim and how to improve the revenue cycle
- Expertise in effective claim follow-up, patient follow-up, and denial resolution
Tiffany Roach the Coding Coach teaches fundamental medical coding skills for professional services (physicians, mid-level providers, etc) and prepares you to take AAPC’s CPC exam rounding out the remaining 12-weeks. The Certified Professional Coder (CPC) is the gold standard for medical coding in a physician office setting. The CPC certification exam tests the competencies required to perform the job of a professional coder who specializes in coding for services performed by physicians and non-physician providers (eg, nurse practitioners and physician assistants). Individuals who earn the CPC credential have proven expertise in physician/non-physician provider documentation review, abstract professional provider encounters, coding proficiency with CPT®, HCPCS Level II, ICD-10-CM, and compliance and regulatory requirements for physician services.
The course covers CPT, HCPCS and ICD-10-CM coding with hands-on practice coding real world, redacted medical records using CPT®, ICD-10-CM and HCPCS Level II code sets. Assures a broad knowledge in reviewing and assigning the correct procedure and diagnosis codes for professional (physician) services.
This course includes:
- Online Medical Coding Class via AAPC Blackboard Learning Modules
- Workbook & Textbook (CPB & CPC – physical or eBook)
- Pro Fee Book Bundle: CPT, HCPCS, ICD10 (physical books)
- 1:1 time with a coach as needed
- AAPC Membership
- CPC® Exam Voucher (2 attempts for EACH certification)
- Practice Exam (3 for CPB & 3 for CPC)
- 1-Day Intensive Boot Camp for EACH credential.
- HCC Internship Included
Upon purchase you will receive an email from your Legacy Coding Coach within 24 business hours confirming your order.
If you purchase an eBook – a code will be generated within 48 business hours and emailed to you. The email will come directly from the AAPC and will detail how to download your eBook.
If you purchase a physical book – the book is shipped directly from the AAPC. Legacy will provide you with a tracking number within 48 business hours.